Medication and the Body

     Curretly, I am working on piecing together a short video, or a few inkjet prints, based around the theme 'Medication and the Body' for the FIST340 course. 

    The idea behind this project stemmed from my history with medication and current struggles with it. I have been through a few surgeries for which I have needed to take prescribed medication from doctors. Such medication had major side effects and those have persisted for the past two years. Still on medication, it is tought for me to go about a normal day. These thoughts are based on a few other themes: the self, exhaustion, struggles, and lack of control. With this being the influence of this project, I want to create a short video with clips that demonstrate a few of my thoughts, or take these thoughts and create photographs of them. I have made similar previous works based on the theme of 'Thoughts.'

Fetal Position, Digital, 2021

    This was one of my first pieces that I made based on the 'Thoughts' project that reflected the pain I feel in the center of my body. The fetal position is one I felt can represent this pain and in some way exagerate it. 

Mindless, Digital, 2021

    This is the fourth one out of five that I made. This one reflected the times when I've felt nothing was in my mind and I existed as a souless body. One of the side effects I've had from the medication is dizzyness, feeling drowsy, sometimes even nauseous. These have been tough to deal with but I have managed to just get by.

    With these ideas in mind, I plan on having samples of a video, or a few photographs I plan on manipulating in Photoshop to print.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archived Project Progress 2

Project Progress - Final

Archived Project Progress 1