Project Progress 3 - Switch to Inkjet Prints

        With how things were unfolding for the short film, I’ve decided to work on creating inkjet prints from digital photographs. This came about due to my interests aligning back to photography rather than exploring creating short films. The idea is similar, focusing on this connection between the body and medication. I took a few photographs using long exposure; shutter speed set at 4-6 seconds, ISO set to 100, and the aperture set at f5.6-f8.



         These reflect the side effects I have recently been experiencing from my medication that have become worse. There are effects such as dizziness, nausea, and exhaustion. In addition, it has become difficult to distinguish experiences from my dreams and reality. This reminded me of that first section that was assigned from Simulations in which phases of the image is discussed. The reality, the masking of reality, hinting at a possible reality, or having no relation to reality. 

        I took a total of 30 photographs out of which 10 will be turned into inkjet prints. I am currently selecting the 3 above, but I have yet to go through and edit a few more to finalize them. This idea was influenced by a few photographers who I follow on Instagram, but it takes a different approach than of those artists. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Archived Project Progress 2

Archived Project Progress 1

Project Progress - Final